When the weather gets colder, winter safety is a topic on many peoples’ minds. Winter weather can bring extremely dangerous road conditions like black ice, which can cause slips and crashes on the road. Preparing yourself and your vehicle for winter weather is a must.
🔴Preparing your vehicle
- Be sure to check tire tread, tire chains and all fluids before going on the road.
- Windshield scrapers and brushes needed when a sheet of ice and snow is covering your truck. Bag of sand or salt might be useful as well.
- You may also need wiper fluid formulated for below freezing temperatures, a shovel and a battery jump pack.
- Keep a safe speed and following distance. As much as slowing down is essential, so is maintaining a safe distance. Keep enough gap between vehicles to give you enough time to react.
- Brake and accelerate gradually. Doing anything too forcefully during the winter is a bad idea – braking or accelerating too hard on slick roads can cause your tires to lose traction.
- Plan your trip carefully including truck stops and parking places.
- Be very attentive in mountains and on bridges. Some spots may be icy.
- Check the weather forecasts and keep in contact with the Safety Department. If the weather conditions become too severe to drive, it is better to find a safe place to stop.
We hope that these tips will help you feel more confident in the winter weather💪
Looking for an OTR driver job? Call us now:
📞(773) 904-0475, (347) 600-3970
Our email: 📩 firstname.lastname@example.org